Oversize/Overweight Permits

The Motor Carrier Services, Special Permit Sections issues Oversize/Overweight permits. You can order permits online through a permitting service, who will charge an additional processing fee, by mail to:

      Commercial Permits
      Arizona Department of Transportation
      1225 N 25th Ave
      Phoenix AZ 85009-3601

or at Port and Commercial Permit Locations.

See www.azdot.gov/mvd/MotorCarrierServices/commercial-permits/oversize for more details.


For vehicles that are not registered under IRP or IFTA, additional permits may be necessary before entering another jurisdiction. Vehicles exceeding limitations on the size and weight are required to obtain a permit. Read More

Temporary Permits

In Arizona temporary trip and fuel permits are purchased at the port of entry.

Read More

IFTA Reporting Online